Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A book list

At Erin's request:

A book that changed my life
The Scapegoat Generation: America's War on Adolescents by Mike A Males - you didn't think I was born with this righteous indignation, did you?

A book I’ve read more than once
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky - a book about an idealist and a failure

A book I’d take with me if I were stuck on a desert island
The Short Stories by Ernest Hemingway - eminently rereadable.

A book that made me laugh
The Men's Club by Leonard Michaels - ideal literature

A book that made me cry
Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood - a rich man's Atonement

A book that I wish had been written
Why I Love to Do the Dishes Every Night by Erin Schmidt - a man can dream, can't he?

A book that I wish had never been written
Heir to the Glimmering World by Cynthia Ozcick - just because it's bad

A book I’ve been meaning to read
The Early Stories by John Updike - just one of hundreds

I’m currently reading
Field Notes from a Catastrophe by Elizabeth Kolbert - alarming

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home